Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old one from Southern Living. My dad loves sausages with mustard so am planning on trying this one out on him soon.
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 (5 ounce) packages cocktail smoked sausage links, heated
- Add 3/4 cup half-and-half to a small saucepan; place over low heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
- In a bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients with the remaining half-and-half, stir to mix well.
- Gradually add heated half-and-half, and mix well.
- Return mixture to saucepan; cook on low, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and gradually stir in vinegar.
- Serve with sausages (I have guessed at the amount of sausages needed; the original recipe did not specify).
I made these with hot dog size smoked sausages because I had some in the freezer that I wanted to use. I cut them up in bite size piecea. I think I cooked the sauce too long because it got pretty thick, my husband liked it that way though. I will be making this again, Thanks!