PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in a cooking magazine and made it as instructed. I've since changed a few of the ingredient amounts to give it less of a vinegar taste and add some sweetness. Hopefully it works! I will update next time I make it if I decide to change anything else.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) package frozen garden mixed vegetables (or whatever veggie mix you want to use)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup ketchup (original recipe calls for 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (original recipe calls for 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (original recipe calls for 1 Tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (original recipe calls for 1/8 tsp but I couldn't taste any hint of it)
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1Cook vegetables according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- 3Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, mustard, paprika, salt, sugar, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Warm slightly.
- 4Add sausage and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally and turning sausage once.
- 6Serve over the vegetable medley (and rice, if desired).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Sausage With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.8
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 1807.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g