Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the inside of the johnsonville smoke sausage package.
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend, with seasoning
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) packagejohnsonville smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices & halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- prepare rice according to pkg directions.
- in a skillet, saute' sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, and pepper flakes in oil until tender.
- combine prepared rice with sausage and serve.
I liked the premise of this recipe. Since I don't care for processed food, I did make a couple of changes. I used a non packaged wild rice medley, which I cooked in chicken stock (for the flavor packet) and subbed in regular pork sausage for the smoked. I also added an extra clove of garlic. Tasty dish nevertheless. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. :)