Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's a different from the everyday at home pasta. Very colorful. Great dish to serve to company.
- 1 package smoked sausage (I Like Hillshire Farms)
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne or 1 (16 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 orange bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 large red onions, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- asiago cheese or parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Slice the smoked sausage and cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain off grease and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onions and cook till translucent.
- Add in the all of the peppers and continue to cook till just tender.
- Cut heat down to medium.
- Add in the saugage, garlic, basil and capers.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and the sausage/pepper mixture.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Serve with a ceasar salad, hot bread and a good red wine!
- Great in the summer when peppers are not as expensive!
I know that my DH becomes fearful when I start thinking because he believes that it might inevitably include him doing something...like work. Well, too bad because I had a plan. I loved the idea of this recipe except I didn't want to serve it over pasta. My idea was to "wrap" it! I had DH crank up the side burner on the BBQ pit, follow your instructions, but cook the vegetables in a wok. We then rolled the mixture in flour tortillas for a most delicious lunch alfresco. Uh huh, who's that who said my ideas are dangerous?
Very very tasty - I would never have thought to add capers - excellent taste blend. I did not use pasta just had it plain - still wonderful Thanks for posting
I have made this recipe before and forgot to rate it. It is very tasty!