Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty chowder will warm hearts and bellies any night of the week. So quick, so easy and so delicious! A main course soup.
- 1 lb fully-cooked smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix, with cheese
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Brown sausage in a soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add broth and water, potatoes (reserve sauce mix) and mixed vegetables, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, whisk in sauce mix, salt and lemon pepper until blended.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, cook uncovered, over medium heat until heated through (Do not bring to boil).
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped chives and serve.
My husband & I just finished having this soup for dinner. It was wonderful!! Rich & creamy and really easy to make. I substituted frozen corn for the frozed mixed veggies and used half & half instead of whole milk. I didn't have any lemon pepper so I used Nature's Seasoning. I served it with buttered garlic bread. Yummy!
This is great! Easy to make and tasty! I made it just like the recipe then added grated parmesan cheese on top. YUMMY!!!
Wow! This was so good:) I loved the use of the scalloped potatoes with the sausage:) thanks for an easy chowder recipe...will use this alot in winter!