Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This hearty chowder will warm hearts and bellies any night of the week. So quick, so easy and so delicious! A main course soup.
- Brown sausage in a soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add broth and water, potatoes (reserve sauce mix) and mixed vegetables, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, whisk in sauce mix, salt and lemon pepper until blended.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, cook uncovered, over medium heat until heated through (Do not bring to boil).
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped chives and serve.
My husband & I just finished having this soup for dinner. It was wonderful!! Rich & creamy and really easy to make. I substituted frozen corn for the frozed mixed veggies and used half & half instead of whole milk. I didn't have any lemon pepper so I used Nature's Seasoning. I served it with buttered garlic bread. Yummy!
This is great! Easy to make and tasty! I made it just like the recipe then added grated parmesan cheese on top. YUMMY!!!
Wow! This was so good:) I loved the use of the scalloped potatoes with the sausage:) thanks for an easy chowder recipe...will use this alot in winter!