Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for something simple to fix for dinner and I wanted to clear some things out of my freezer and cupboards, so I came up with this. This recipe only uses 1/2 pound of meat for 4 servings. So I would also call this economical as well. The cooking time includes the time for cooking the pasta. Posted on March 16th, 2006.
- 236.59 ml uncooked pasta (I like to use spiral)
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 226.79 g smoked sausage, thinly sliced (or you can use the same amount of chopped cooked ham)
- 59.14 ml chopped onion (I like to use sweet onion)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml self-rising flour
- 56.69 g Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Mix together flour and milk, set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add oil, sausage, and onion.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add pasta, milk, and Velveeta.
- Stir until cheese is melted and pasta is well coated (if at this point you want it creamier and a little more milk), add salt and pepper.
Great pasta! I used Guy Fieri's Unyawn's Smoked Cajun Style sausage, penne pasta and sharp cheddar instead of Velveeta. Quadrupled the recipe without any problems. The co-workers I made it for loved it! Thanks for sharing! ***Made for Fall PAC 2011***
this is so good I used egg noodles other than that I followed the recipe exactly, we loved it it was so easy i will make again and again thanks for posting.