1/3 Photos of Smoked Sausage & Pasta W/ Cheese
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I was looking for something simple to fix for dinner and I wanted to clear some things out of my freezer and cupboards, so I came up with this. This recipe only uses 1/2 pound of meat for 4 servings. So I would also call this economical as well. The cooking time includes the time for cooking the pasta. Posted on March 16th, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (I like to use spiral)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, thinly sliced (or you can use the same amount of chopped cooked ham)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (I like to use sweet onion)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Mix together flour and milk, set aside.
- 3In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add oil, sausage, and onion.
- 4Cook until lightly browned.
- 5Add pasta, milk, and Velveeta.
- 6Stir until cheese is melted and pasta is well coated (if at this point you want it creamier and a little more milk), add salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Sausage & Pasta W/ Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 1026.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g