Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comfort food, yummy! This cooks up pretty quickly too.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium sized green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Cook sausage in Dutch oven until browned, remove, and discard dripppings.
- Add ground beef, green pepper, green onion, and garlic to Dutch oven; cook until beef is browned; drain. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sausage. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add rice and water to meat mixture; cover and cook 25 minutes or until rice is tender.