This is one of my favorites, and even the ex-DH loves it! I got this recipe from the back of a Del Monte veggie can! It's been a keeper in my family, and truly tastes good--especially if you like smoked sausage! YUM!
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I always use Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (29 ounce) candel monte cut green beans with new potatoes, drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Slice sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Cook sausage and onion in oil in skillet until onion is tender, turning sausage once to brown on both sides.
- Add undrained tomatoes.
- Cook over medium-high heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in green beans and potatoes and heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce (I use Frank's).
- Sprinkle with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice with additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.
I have made this numerous times..always good! I have also fried bacon with the sausage...then put in the slower cooker with flavored diced tomatoes with spainish rice and <br/>all the other goodies then go play for the day.
This was so quick to put together for supper and very good. I used Eckrich smoked sausage with the skin, petite diced tomatoes, and colby monterey jack cheese. We are still wimps when it comes to hot flavors so I added about 4 or 5 drops of hot sauce. Used Minute Rice so the rice was done quickly also. Stirred the cheese in with the sausage and vege's than served on top of the rice. Perfect for a chilly evening and filling! Made and reviewed for Stacy's cookathon...will miss you!
This was quite tasty! It has a good flavor mix. Very easy to prepare. My husband and sons liked it too. I will definately make this again. Thank you!