This is one of my favorites, and even the ex-DH loves it! I got this recipe from the back of a Del Monte veggie can! It's been a keeper in my family, and truly tastes good--especially if you like smoked sausage! YUM!
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I always use Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (29 ounce) candel monte cut green beans with new potatoes, drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Slice sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Cook sausage and onion in oil in skillet until onion is tender, turning sausage once to brown on both sides.
- Add undrained tomatoes.
- Cook over medium-high heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in green beans and potatoes and heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce (I use Frank's).
- Sprinkle with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice with additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.