1/3 Photos of Smoked Sausage & Fried Cabbage
True Texas's Note:
I've been making this dish for years. We especially like it on New Years Day with Cornbread and Black-eyed Peas. Ymmm...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain.
- 2Add cabbage, butter and water to bacon grease and cook until tender. (Stir occasionally to coat all of the cabbage with bacon grease).
- 3Stop cooking when the cabbage is still a bit crunchy. Add salt and pepper to taste maybe a little more butter, not much.
- 4Slice sausage and lay on top of cabbage. Continue to cook a little longer to warm the sausage.
- 5Crumble bacon over all. Yummmy -- Great with black eyed-peas and cornbread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Sausage & Fried Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.5
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 1099.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 17.5 g