Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been making this dish for years. We especially like it on New Years Day with Cornbread and Black-eyed Peas. Ymmm...
- 4 -5 slices bacon
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 lb) package smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pcs
- salt & pepper
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain.
- Add cabbage, butter and water to bacon grease and cook until tender. (Stir occasionally to coat all of the cabbage with bacon grease).
- Stop cooking when the cabbage is still a bit crunchy. Add salt and pepper to taste maybe a little more butter, not much.
- Slice sausage and lay on top of cabbage. Continue to cook a little longer to warm the sausage.
- Crumble bacon over all. Yummmy -- Great with black eyed-peas and cornbread.
This looked, smelled and tasted Delicious. Even the Picky Kids ate it! I Started with Bacon, Smoked Sausage and Sweet Vidalia Onions, then Added Minced Garlic, then the Green Cabbage. I also added Onion and Garlic Powder to kick the taste up just a bit more. <br/>Prep and Cooking was less than 20 Minutes with a Wok.
First, I must say that I'm pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe.Second,I made this on 12/11/07,and I'm sorry I waited till now to rate this very good recipe.Since there was just my SO and myself,I just made half of the recipe.Next time I make this(and there will be a next time :)),I won't be adding the butter it made it a bit too greasy for us.Thank for posting,and "Keep Smiling :)"
This is one receive that is a keeper. It's easy and delicious. I did add the minced garlic and onions. As for one of my seasonings, I added cayenne season. Remarkable. I will definitely cook this one again.