Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces smoked sausage
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°; line muffin tin with paper-liners.
- Cut sausage into quarters lengthwise; then cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat; transfer sausage to paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add in the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and sausage; stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.