Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I made this from a bunch of things i had on hand--came out great --real comfort food and easy to make. Its a one pot meal-- I like this with a crusty loaf.
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 7 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink beans
- 1 cup water
- Chop potatoes, pepper, and onion into large chunks.
- Cut sausage into thick chunks.
- Place everything into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer, covered, for at least an hour-more is better.
- Serve with crusty bread.