- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 medium turnip, diced
- 1 carrot, quartered and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 lb smoked turkey sausage
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add oil and onions; saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for parsley; bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add more water if soup is too thick.
- Garnish with parsley.