Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Colorful,quick and can easily be doubled. (I use smoked turkey sausage to cut fat.)
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cut sausage down the middle lengthwise.
- Then cut across in about one-half to one inch sections.
- Heat oil in pan, add sausage and brown.
- Open all the cans. (Do not drain off liquid from cans.).
- Add entire contents of all the cans.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly simmer until heated through.
- This is great reheated and can be frozen. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Good with crunchy cornbread. This is a one-pan recipe. Easy clean-up!
I have this stew simmering on the stove at this moment. I did make a few small changes in that I drained the beans and used chicken stock to replace the liquid. I used frozen corn and added a few extra spices to zip up the taste. From the sample I tasted this recipe will be a keeper. Thanks chef #303922