Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Southern Lady Magazine Sept/Oct 2007
Make and share this Smoked Sausage and Potato Quiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup smoked sausage, finely chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. Spray 2 12 cup muffin pans with no stick spray.
- Press hash browns into bottom and up sides of muffin cups. Gently brush with melted butter. Bake crusts 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 deg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, dry mustard, salt and pepper, until well combined.
- Evenly divide sausage and cheese between all prepared crusts. Spoon egg mixture into each crust. bake 15 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
This is a tasty quiche. I would prefer ham or bacon to the sausage but it was good just the same. Be careful not to put the potatoes too thick. I, too, think a little dash of salt before the first cooking of the potatoes would perk them up a bit. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2008,
Just great and easy to prepare! I tried to get my hash browns to stay formed up over the edge of the pan, but had no luck. I think this would have looked great in the photo. I am trying to cut back on salt, so I used unsalted butter on the potatoes, but they needed the salt or I could have sprinkled some on them before baking. However even so, these were delicious! Thanks carolinajewel!