Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Linda W. loves to host Mardi Gras potlucks at her house where we all bring wonderful food to share. Here is the flavorful dish that she serves with her Cajun Mimosas. It takes little preparation and is delicious. Add some crusty bread and a green salad dressed with my Creole Vinaigrette (154562) and you've got a great meal! (Another from my "birthday book").
- 2 lbs smoked sausage
- 1 quart oyster, fresh
- 2 cups sauterne white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- Cut the smoked sausage into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet stir together the wine, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the sausage and oysters with their liquid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer slowly until most of the liquid is reduced, leaving just enough to serve as a gravy if you wish.