Recipe by Chef Suz
A family tradition, and one of my favorite comfort foods. The blending of flavors makes this simple meal one I prepare often.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I was looking for a recipe to use up some smoked sausage. I followed the recipe other then I drained about half the broth from each can. I really enjoyed this. This was quick and easy to make.
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans (do not drain)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice smoked sausage on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Brown over medium heat in large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are transparent.
- Add potatoes and green beans.
- Add water until all ingredients are covered.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for at least 1/2 hour, adding more water if necessary.
- The longer it cooks the better it tastes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with garlic bread.