Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just tried this for the first time last night and we loved it! Add a green salad to complete the meal!
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- Drain and put sausage in greased pie pan.
- Pour drained can of corn over sausage.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions.
- Pour over sausage/corn mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes, or until corn bread is golden.
This is a wonderful and quick recipe! I have made it several times now and use mexican cornbread and add shredded cheese between the corn and cornbread.
I added a half can of black beans with the corn and topped w/ some shredded cheddar. It was a hit with my family. I think mexi-corn would be good with it. We'll definately try it again.
This was good. I added a red pepper to give it a little color. It was a nice change from the traditional dinner plus it was easy to make.