1/4 Photos of Smoked Sausage and Cabbage
I concocted this recipe while trying to decide how to cook cabbage besides the same ole way. My husband, KT, loved it that I didn't even have to ask him to rate it. He went back for thirds! I used 1/2 cabbage and wished there was more, so next time I'll use whole head. Great flavor w/the sausage grease soaked up in the cabbage. Arteries watch out, here comes some real southern cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook sausage and onion in pan til brown, do not drain.
- 2Meanwhile, cover w/water and boil cabbage leaves til soft, 4-5 minutes.
- 3Cut up and add cabbage to sausage/onion mix and saute to let cabbage soak up everything.
- 4Stir frequently. Add Lawry's, salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Sausage and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.1
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 1067.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 17.0 g