Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
In 'More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
- 1 lb smoked sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 brown potatoes, diced (no need to peel)
- 1⁄2 cup dry lima beans (no need to presoak the beans)
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce (the secret ingredient)
- 4 cups beef broth
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Remove casings from sausage, and put into slow cooker.
- Add the vegetables and lima beans.
- Pour in the A-1 sauce and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until the beans and carrot have reached the desired tenderness.