1/6 Photos of Smoked Sausage and Apples
This is a real easy way to fix smoked sausage. I do it in the microwave and usually serve it with a green veggie and corn bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice smoked sausage into 1 inch coins, and place in a microwavable bowl with a lid.
- 2Add apples and onions.
- 3Sprinkle brown sugar over all. Add water. Cover.
- 4Microwave on high for about 5 mins or till apples are tender. (I use my fresh vegetable button for hard veggies).
- 5May season with salt and pepper if care to. We normally don't.
- 6Note: If you do not have a bowl with lid that will go into microwave, you may use plastic wrap, just be sure to vent it, by folding in one corner of wrap to make a little hole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Sausage and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.4
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 1812.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g