Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
We have this often for an imprompto lunch, after it's cooked I pour it in a slow cooker to keep warm throughout the afternoon so we can 'pick' at it. We think these are very good. Do not substitute for smoked sausage cocktail weiners, they are too overpowering.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until golden.
- Stir in jelly and brown sugar until dissolved add kielbasa. Reduce heat to medium-low cook for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add apples, cover and heat 10 minutes more or until apples are tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stir into apple mixture. Heat until thickened 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm until serving time.