Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These make a very elegant little appetizer. And if you don't like smoked salmon, they're great made with smoked turkey or ham too.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 head garlic, bulb (roasted)
- 1⁄4 cup chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (I used fat free and they were great)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package smoked salmon, skinned and finely chopped
- 16 -20 spinach leaves
- 16 -20 slices roasted red peppers
- Mix cream cheese and roasted garlic-squeezed from skins and chives. I usually do this a day ahead of time to save time the day that I'm making these. Spread about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. Sprinkle each with a little dill. Place 3 or 4 spinach leaves and 4 bell pepper strips evenly spaced on each tortilla. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup smoked salmon.
- Roll up tortillas tightly; seal edge of each tortilla by spreading with additional cream cheese mixture. wrap securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 1-inch pieces. Place cut side up on serving platter.
Had a little salmon left over so made two wraps. DH really liked these.
These were good! I left out the roasted red pepper as a personal preference. Next time I make these, I will mix the salmon into the cream cheese mixture, as it did fall out of the pinwheel a little after they were cut.
These were awsome! Absolutely loved them! I would highly recommed this appitizer