Recipe by threeovens
I found this idea in "Real Simple" magazine for an easy breakfast idea. It would also be good for a light lunch, brunch, or snack. If not serving right away (like a breakfast buffet) it would be best to change the order of the layering so that the salmon is next to the toast or else you will have icky soggy bread.
- 2 slices country bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt (plain) or 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (strained, see note)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon (sliced)
- 1⁄4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each toast in half and divide yogurt equally among the four portions; smooth to edges with the back of your spoon.
- Top each with an equal amount of the smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with red onions and capers; season with black pepper.
- NOTE: If using regular plain yogurt, you can easily make it the consistency of Greek yogurt by what I call straining. I use a small clean strainer and spoon some yogurt into it and let it drip over a bowl for 15 to 20 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.