For the Brine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup white unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 lbs salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all brine ingredients, ensuring that all dry ingredients are well dissolved. Place the salmon in a
- non-metallic container and cover with the brine solution. Make sure that all pieces are completely covered
- with brine. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours. Rinse the salmon with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Allow to air dry about an hour. Smoke the fish using hickory or your favorite hardwood until flaky.