Recipe by Lene
Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs is the soet of breakfast at which you will also be drinking champagnewith one of those euphoric hangovers after an evening which was quite special. On reflection you'd better get someone else to make them.
Top Review by I'mPat
This made for a very enjoyable and filling lunch beautifully creamy and with the saltiness of the smoked salmon absolutely delicious, as my eggs were on the small side I used 4 otherwise made as per recipe, thank you Lene, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 4 slices brown bread
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 25 ml double cream
- 100 g thinely sliced smoked salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the 4 slices of brown bread,spread thinely with butter and cut off the crusts.
- Cut each bit of buttered toast into four triangles.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and whisk together with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the eggs.
- Stir with a wooden spoon scraping the egg away from the bottom of the pan all the time until the degree of firmness that you like is achieved; i prefer the eggs to be a little runny.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the double cream.
- Fold the smoked salmon into the scrambled eggs and serve on the buttered toast.