Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe by Tina Nordstrom; posting for ZWT6 (Scandinavia)
Make and share this Smoked Salmon With Pearl Onions Baked in Filo Dough recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet phyllo dough
- 2 large white pearl onions, sliced
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 1 apple
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 440 F (225 C).
- Roll out each Filo dough sheet to double its size. Split it down the middle.
- Fry the onion in a little butter and oil. This should not change its colour, only make it become soft (its flavour will become a bit milder).
- Divide the onion between the sheets of Filo dough and set it all in the oven for about 15 minutes. The dough should rise, become crisp and turn a bit golden in color.
- The Sauce:.
- Peel the apple and slice it thinly. Mix it with the capers and dill in a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the dough from the oven, place the salmon over it and finish it off with dabs of the apple-caper sauce.