Recipe by Tina Nordstrom; posting for ZWT6 (Scandinavia)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 440 F (225 C).
- 2Roll out each Filo dough sheet to double its size. Split it down the middle.
- 3Fry the onion in a little butter and oil. This should not change its colour, only make it become soft (its flavour will become a bit milder).
- 4Divide the onion between the sheets of Filo dough and set it all in the oven for about 15 minutes. The dough should rise, become crisp and turn a bit golden in color.
- 5The Sauce:.
- 6Peel the apple and slice it thinly. Mix it with the capers and dill in a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Remove the dough from the oven, place the salmon over it and finish it off with dabs of the apple-caper sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon With Pearl Onions Baked in Filo Dough
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white pearl onions