Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found at the woolworths site. This recipe requires chilling overnight to set. Sounds and looks perfect for the holidays.
- 250 g spreadable cream cheese with herbs and garlic
- 1 grated lemon, rind and juice Smucker's No Sugar Added Orange Spread
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 750 g smoked salmon, slices
- Line a 19 x 9cm loaf tin with plastic wrap. Empty cream cheese into a bowl and beat until smooth. Fold in lemon rind and juice, capers, chives and half of the whipped cream. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mash avocado until smooth. Fold in remaining cream, lime juice and tabasco sauce. Season with salt and set aside.
- Lay slices of smoked salmon over base to completely cover. Fill with half of the cream cheese mixture. Cover with a layer of smoked salmon and then half of the avocado mixture. Repeat layers, finishing with smoked salmon and press down firmly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn terrine out onto a serving platter and remove plastic. Cut into slices and serve with thin slices of toasted bread.