Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sounds good. From Gourmet, 1995.
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons cognac
- smoked salmon (about 2 pounds)
- fresh dill sprig, garnish
- lemon wedge, garnish
- toasted French bread, accompaniment
- With a mortar and pestle or in an electric spice grinder grind caraway seeds fine and in a small bowl stir together with mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, and Cognac.
- Arrange salmon on a cutting board or platter and garnish with dill sprigs and lemon wedges.
- Serve salmon, sliced thin, with mayonnaise and French bread.