Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I enjoy both smoked salmon and beetroot. So, when I saw this Scandinavian inspired recipe I wanted to put it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Sarah_Jayne - you are a goddess! Maybe the best recipe I've tried the last couple of years. This was our starter today for a Scandinavia-inspired feast, and it just could not have been easier or more delicious! The silky-smokiness of the salmon with the zesty-bite of the horseradish cream, earthiness of the beetroot and perkiness of the dill is inspired.This is definitely company-worthy and will probably be the starter I make all this year (and the following...). Thank you so much.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces creme fraiche
- 3 teaspoons vodka
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- 8 1⁄2 ounces beetroots, cooked (not in vinegar)
- dill sprigs, torn, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the creme fraiche with the vodka and a little seasoning until it holds its shape, then stir in the horseradish. Chill in the fridge.
- Lay the slices of salmon over plates.
- Top with the beetroot and a spoonful of the creme fraiche.
- Scatter with the dill.
- Grind over some black pepper and serve.