Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens "Appetizers" magazine. It is my absolute favorite hors d'oeurve. The smoked salmon goes perfect with this spicy/tangy sauce, and it is sure to impress guests. Also, I think it's surprisingly easy to make. My advice is to prepare the sauce ahead of time, then assemble just before serving so the chips don't get soggy. Also, kettle chips are highly recommended for their sturdiness. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 (9 ounce) bag potato chips (preferably kettle chips)
- 1 (8 ounce) package smoked salmon, sliced
- chopped fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, garlic, shallot, pepper and salt; mix well. Squezze lemon juice into bowl; stir.
- Place several (20 to 30) flat, unbroken chips on a serving dish. Add a small dollop of the sour cream mixture to the center of each chip.
- Cut the salmon slices into strips. Roll up the strips and place on top of the sour cream dollop on the chips. Sprinkle fresh chives on each for garnish.
Wonderful appetizer and anything with smoked salmon always seems to disappear at our get togethers. The horseradish gives it a nice twist. Thanks for a great addition to my recipe files......which are bulging!!!!
Simple, memorable, and delicious!!! The crunchy kettle chip is the perfect match for the soft texture of the smoked salmon. No need to worry about the fishy taste of the smoked salmon, the horseradish adds a kick of spice while the lemon and garlic helps to add depth to the flavor. This is an appetizer that your guests will not forget!!