Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
"This is fun take on my favorite kind of sushi? salmon and avocado with a healthy dose of wasabi. It is open faced here so you can see how pretty it looks on the inside and not too much of the bread." So says Dave Lieberman.
- Mix the wasabi with the cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread the bread slices with a thin, even layer of the mixture.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and twist 2 halves apart and remove the pit.
- Use a spoon to remove the avocado flesh in 1 piece.
- Slice each avocado half in 1/8" slices.
- Place the avocado slices in a bowl and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over avocado slices and toss very gently.
- Cover each bread slice with a single layer of avocado slices.
- Top with a piece of salmon.
- Serve as soon as possible.