1/1 Photo of Smoked Salmon Torta
Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. Salmon, which is found on both the east and west coasts of Canada, is a special favorite there. This recipe is ideally portable for a party or a picnic. Simply slip out of the fridge and into your cooler and serve with some good crackers of freshly sliced French bread. This makes an absolutely elegant presentation. (Prep time does not include overnight chilling.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together cream cheese and butter; add salt to taste.
- 2Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with a piece of plastic wrap large enough to extend over edge of pan. Arrange dill sprigs on bottom.
- 3Carefully spread a third of the cheese mixture in the lined pan to make an even layer.
- 4Sprinkle with half the chopped dill and top with half the smoked salmon.
- 5Repeat layers, ending with cream cheese mixture.
- 6Press down lightly to compact layers.
- 7Cover and chill overnight.
- 8To serve, pull edges of plastic wrap to loosen torta; invert onto plate and carefully remove plastic wrap.
- 9Serve with bread and/or crackers.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Torta
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.9
- Calories from Fat 668
- Total Fat 74.3 g
- Saturated Fat 45.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.1 mg
- Sodium 1078.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 21.9 g