Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
Gorgeous salmon parcels filled with a soft cheese and crab ( or prawn filling). They look so elegant and the good thing is that they can be made 24 hours ahead making it a perfect solution for plan ahead dinner party.
Top Review by SarahEmmm
Very nice - although I added some creamed horseradish and a few drops of tabasco instead of the mustard. Used more dill and also added some chopped capers with the shrimp. I don't have enough ramekins, and wanted something a little smaller anyway, so used my 12 hole bun tin. Placed a sprig of dill and a shrimp on each to serve (or faux caviar would be nice) and served with Melba toast and some dressed salad leaves.
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 225 g thick cream cheese
- 100 ml sour cream (or 2 tbsp lemon juice tbsp mayonaise)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 100 g crabmeat (or 100g choped prawns)
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brandy (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 8 ( 100ml) ramekins with a little oil then line with apiece of plastic wrap, making sure to leave enough overhang.
- Place a slice of salmon in each ramekin.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sour cream, stir in crab, dill, mustard and season to taste.
- Spoon into moulds, fold over overhanging salmon, then fold over the plastic wrap to cover. Chill at least 3 hours. Can be made 24 hours ahead!