Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very impressive dish for summer parties and gatherings! Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
Make and share this Smoked salmon Terrine recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 900g loaf tin or 1.
- 4litre terrine dish with plastic wrap.
- Beat the butter until very soft.
- Dice the anchovies, and beat into the butter with the lemon zest and juice.
- Mix in the dill, season with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
- Line the loaf tin or dish with salmon slices, making sure there is an over-hang of about 5cm around the sides.
- Cover the bottom with more smoked salmon, then smear over a thin layer of butter.
- Cover the butter with a layer of salmon.
- Continue until the tin is full, finishing with a layer of salmon.
- Fold the over-hanging salmon over the layered salmon.
- Place another loaf tin weighted down with a couple of small tins or another terrine dish on top.
- This will help press the layers together.
- Refrigerate for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Serve thin slices alongside a green salad accompanied with brown bread or bruscetta type bread.
I love this recipe. Its great in the hot weather. The only thing I lrft out was the anchovies as I am not a great lover of them. I took it to a luncheon. Lots of requests for the recipe.My first try at a Terrine and it was a smash. Thank you.