A very impressive dish for summer parties and gatherings! Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 900g loaf tin or 1.
- 24litre terrine dish with plastic wrap.
- 3Beat the butter until very soft.
- 4Dice the anchovies, and beat into the butter with the lemon zest and juice.
- 5Mix in the dill, season with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
- 6Line the loaf tin or dish with salmon slices, making sure there is an over-hang of about 5cm around the sides.
- 7Cover the bottom with more smoked salmon, then smear over a thin layer of butter.
- 8Cover the butter with a layer of salmon.
- 9Continue until the tin is full, finishing with a layer of salmon.
- 10Fold the over-hanging salmon over the layered salmon.
- 11Place another loaf tin weighted down with a couple of small tins or another terrine dish on top.
- 12This will help press the layers together.
- 13Refrigerate for several hours or preferably overnight.
- 14Serve thin slices alongside a green salad accompanied with brown bread or bruscetta type bread.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked salmon Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 985.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g