Recipe by BNLNikki
Found this on the Food Network site. This one is a real crowd pleaser. I served it at a party and just didn't have enough. It's delicious, light, and smooth!
- 24 slices thin white bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
GINGER-CILANTRO LIME BUTTER (use 4 ounces)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread all of the bread slices generously with the ginger butter.
- Place slices of smoked salmon in an even layer on half of the bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Using a 2-inch flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the tea sandwiches.
- Remove the top slice of bread from each flower. Using a 3/4 to 7/8-inch round biscuit cutter, cut a circle from the center of each, discard the circle. Replace the slice, butter-side down, on the flower.
- GINGER-CILANTRO LIME BUTTER:.
- Place butter, cream cheese, ginger, lime juice, cilantro and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse just until ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
- Roll into a 1 1/2-inch wide log.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 1 (7-ounce 10 by 1 1/2-inch) log.