Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
- For the herb butter, combine all the butter ingredients in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
- For the sandwiches, have the store slice the bread lengthwise into 1/4 inch -thick slices. (if that isn't possible, you can slice it crosswise with a very sharp knife).
- Lay out 8 slices of bread and spread them all with a thin layer of herb butter. Place smoked salmon on 4 of the slices. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side down.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until the butter is very cold.
- Place the sandwiches on a cutting board.
- With a very sharp knife, cut off crusts, cut each large sandwich in half crosswise, and then cut each half diagonally twice to make a total of 8 small triangles.
- If the bread was cut crosswise, follow assembly directions, then cut off crusts, and cut diagonally twice to make 4 small triangles.
- Serve chilled.