Recipe by Manami
This appetizer is very good. Served this recently at a gathering and the people who were invited kept repeating how wonderful it was. The lemon juice brings out the flavor in an otherwise flavorful dish. Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2003.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Awesome appetizer. I used peppered, smoked salmon, and I used minced shallot instead of red onion. This was a great combination of flavors; I especially liked the addition of capers. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup diced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons minced red onions
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 8 toast points
- fresh dill sprig, garnish
- lemon wedge, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the salmon. onion, capers, and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste,.
- Combine the sour cream and dill in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Top each toast points with about 1/2 teaspoon of "tartare" and a small dollop of dill sour cream.
- Garnish with a pinch of freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange on a small platter, garnished with fresh dill sprigs and lemon wedges.