Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appetizer is very good. Served this recently at a gathering and the people who were invited kept repeating how wonderful it was. The lemon juice brings out the flavor in an otherwise flavorful dish. Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2003.
- 1⁄4 cup diced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons minced red onions
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 8 toast points
- fresh dill sprig, garnish
- lemon wedge, garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the salmon. onion, capers, and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste,.
- Combine the sour cream and dill in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Top each toast points with about 1/2 teaspoon of "tartare" and a small dollop of dill sour cream.
- Garnish with a pinch of freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange on a small platter, garnished with fresh dill sprigs and lemon wedges.
Awesome appetizer. I used peppered, smoked salmon, and I used minced shallot instead of red onion. This was a great combination of flavors; I especially liked the addition of capers. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe!