Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe while web surfing and found it to be healthier than most. This is great in a whole grain tortilla or on top of crisp bread.
- 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 4 ounces finely chopped smoked salmon
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemons juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the yogurt and Laughing Cow Cheese until smooth. Stir in the remaining regredients.
- Place in a container with tight fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving and garnish with additional freshly snipped chives as desired.
We really enjoyed this spread on Scandinavian flat/crisp bread for lunch today. I thought all the flavours combined beautifully, and I liked the use of yoghurt over sour cream. The horseradish added a really good flavour 'kick' and is my favourite accompaniment to smoked salmon.
I was looking for a spread recipe that didn't have cream cheese in it and this was perfect! Next time I might add a 1/4 cup less yogurt to thicken it up just a tad more. Thanks for much for posting Paula G!! Made for Culinary Quest 2014, PNW Region
Very tasty on crisp crackers for supper! The smoked salmon really came through! Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.