Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick spread to make that looks and tastes like you slaved for hours. I serve it with sliced cucumbers, toast points and an assortment of crackers.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- Put the salmon in your food processor and puree until smooth.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour in the cream and process until thick.
- Scrape the work bowl and add the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Process for 2 seconds.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with the chive garnish.
This was wonderful. It was so easy I let my eight year old make it. He did a great job! We made it as an appetizer for Easter and a very good friend, originally from New York said it was the taste she had been missing since moving to Minnesota. We will be making it again this weekend for my son's First Communion Open House. He requested it and has asked if he can be the one to make it again. I love having the kids in the kitchen. Thank you it was delicious.