Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and quick appetizer!
- 12 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, milk and dill weed til well combined.
- Crumble or shred salmon and add to cheese mix.
- Mix until blended and desired consistency. More mixing breaks up salmon more- less keeps it chunkier.
- Chop green onions and garnish the top of spread with them or mix inches.
- Serve well chilled with crackers, toast points or sliced/cubed bread.
This was just okay for us. It's a great base for a recipe, but it just seemed like it was missing something. It was kind of bland for my tastes. I first served it on regular crackers, but that just didn't taste right. I ended up doing pita and bagel chips, and those were much better. The salt from those gave it a bit more flavor. I think it would have been even better on the garlic bagel chips. I want to try another version of this sometime, since I think it does have potential.
Needed something quick to do with pre-grilled salmon - this fit the bill! Thanks, Mama's Kitchen for the recipe & Thanks, Sharon123 for the suggestion of using grilled salmon! Needed some salt, but otherwise delicious!