1/1 Photo of Smoked Salmon Spirals
4 hrs 20 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is a wonderful last minute or make ahead and freeze appetizer (they can be frozen up to 1 month). The recipe comes from The Canadian Living Christmas Book. Cooking time is time in freezer (must freeze for at least 4 hours).
My Private Note
hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay some plastic wrap on your work surface and arrange the salmon on top in a 12 x 8 inch rectangle.
- 2Mix cheese with dill and spread over salmon.
- 3Press row of capers into cheese along one long edge.
- 4Beginning at edge with capers, roll up jelly roll style to enclose capers in center.
- 5Wrap in plastic wrap, squeezing to form smooth cylinder, and twist ends closed.
- 6Freeze for at least 4 hours or up to 1 month.
- 7To serve, thaw roll for 10 minutes, slice thinly, and arrange on cucumber slices.
- 8Garnish with onion and dill.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Spirals
Serving Size: 1 (766 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g