These were absolutely delicious,;) if I say so myself! We served these last Sunday for tea.(merienda) where we had some guests from New York, who were visiting their mom and were leaving the next day. They brought us the fixings for their mom to have a Jewish-type breakfast, since she was being transferred to another one of our homes, Hebrew Homes South. BBC GoodFood :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce flour
- 10 1/4 ounces milk
- 3 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- zest 1/2 lemon
- kosher salt (optional)
- white pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Put the butter, flour and milk in a pan and cook, stirring over the heat until thickened.
- 2Stir in the cheese, in small spoonfuls, and the dill; season to taste, then beat to incorporate.
- 3Preheat oven to 392ºF.
- 4Butter 6 (5-1/8 oz) soufflé dishes and line the base with parchment paper.
- 5Stir the egg yolks into the sauce, add the chopped salmon and lemon zest.
- 6Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then carefully fold into the salmon mix.
- 7Spoon into the dishes and bake in a bain-marie (a pan half-filled with cold water) for 15 minutes until risen and golden.
- 8Cool: don't worry if they sink!
- 9To freeze, cool completely, then overwrap the dishes with baking paper and foil.
- 10They will keep in the freezer for 6 weeks.
- 11When ready to use, thaw in the fridge for 5 hours.
- 12When ready to serve: very carefully turn the soufflés out of their dishes, peel off the lining paper and place on squares of baking paper.
- 13Top with creme fraiche and bake for 10-15 minutes in a 392ºF until the souffles start to puff up.
- 14Quickly top each with a frill of salmon and dill sprig.
- 15Serve with some dressed salad leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Soufflés
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.3 mg
- Sodium 261.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: