Recipe by PaulaG
I had some smoked salmon and was looking for something different to make with it. I found a couple of recipes that when combined led to this creation. If makes a hearty brunch of light dinner and is delicious served with whole wheat toast and sliced tomatoes.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Mmmm, the perfect comfort food when you are not feeling well is smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe Paula. It was terrific, quick and easy to make and tasted amazing. Made as written and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the addition of the feta to the dish, it really amps it up. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, rough chopped
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, crumbled
- 5 eggs or 1 1⁄4 cups egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 ounces feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a non-stick skillet; add the green onions, red bell pepper and artichoke hearts, stirring until onions are wilted.
- Add the smoked salmon and continue to stir until heated through.
- Remove salmon mixture to a small dish and keep warm while preparing the eggs.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs or egg substitute with the yogurt and basil adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and over medium heat, melt the remaining butter and pour the beaten eggs into skillet.
- As the eggs began to set and curds develop, pull to the center of the pan. Repeat until eggs are almost set.
- Gently stir in the salmon mixture, crumble feta cheese on top and gently stir once of twice to distribute evenly.
- Serve and enjoy.