Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A variation on scrambled eggs. Very tasty, and good for family or guests.
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Break up salmon into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs until light and frothy.
- In a small bowl mash cream cheese and dill together with a wooden spoon.
- In a large, nonstick sauté pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add eggs.
- While eggs are still soft and wet, stir in smoked salmon, cream cheese, and a grating of white pepper.
- Using a rubber spatula, pull eggs that are cooked on the edges to the center of the pan and gently shake the pan to redistribute the scrambled eggs evenly over the cooking surface.
- Continue to cook, moving the eggs from the side to the center of the pan every few minutes, until eggs reach the desired consistency.
- Serve Immediately.
Absolutely awesome, Miss Annie! I cut the recipe in half for just the two of us, otherwise made it exactly as directed. Served it with fresh toasted bagels and fresh squeezed orange juice. This was a breakfast to remember! I'll be making it again, soon. Thanks a bunch! :o)
I made this for my husband for breakfast this morning and he loved it! I didn't put dill in it, maybe I will try that next time. Thanks!
Thank you Miss Annie for a delicious breakfast, all the flavours came together beautifully and I thoroughly enjoyed. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game.