Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Full-flavored egg dish for Brunch. Serve with bagels, cream cheese, and home-grown tomatoes.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin,half-rings
- 1 cup lox or 1 cup smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine or 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet.
- Saute onion until half cooked.
- Whisk eggs, s&p, and sour cream.
- Pour eggs into skillet and turn constantly with rubber spatula until half-cooked.
- Add Salmon, chives, tomato and keep folding.
- Turn into casserole dish or separate plates.
Really good scramble. We saved the lox to put on the side, so it wouldn't cook with the heat, and then just ate a bite of each together. We thought since we had fresh dill and capers we would just put some of those on the side to try too, and they were both super with it. A great "breakfast for dinner"!
The DH and I thoroughly enjoyed these scrambled eggs but due to dietary reasons I did have to omit the onions but enjoyed and did not use the optional sun-dried tomatoes but will make sure I have some on hand next time, thank you for a delightful breakfast chef blade, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
YUM! we had this today for a late brunch and it was delish! we will definitely make again. thanks!