Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
I recently had the pleasure of visiting The Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC where they have a lovely tea room. This is one of the recipes used over the years at their Afternoon Tea.
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add fresh dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture onto a slice of rye bread.
- Add smoked salmon and top with other slice of rye.
- Cut off crusts and slice into squares or triangles. Sandwiches should be small for finger food.
- "If Teapots Could Talk" -- If the cook cuts bread in an uneven fashion, it is said to be a sure sign that lies have been told.