Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, simple, colourful, light and delicious
- 250 g norwegian smoked salmon, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch mixed salad green
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 30 g capers, finely chopped
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lightly blend all the ingredients for the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Pile up a small portion of the mixed salad leaves in the centre of the plate.
- Then arrange the slices of cucumber followed by sliced salmon as desired on top of the bed of lettuce.
- Then spoon the dressing and the vinegar all over.
For caper lovers only! This is one of those rare recipes that can't be improved on...AT ALL! Seriously, if you love capers, you must try this easy-to-make salad. I think the dressing would be good over baked or grilled fish of any kind. Thanks for sharing in the Please Review My Recipe game.
Very nice and easy recipe. My date loved it, and so did my friends. They thought the salad was totally amazing. Definitely a keeper (even though I omitted capers out of the recipe).
Great recipe. Added some cooked shrimp to indulge ourselves. And slightly more balsamic and slightly less lemon. Light, healthy, delicious. And super-fast. Perfect!